June 13, 2010

Fabric or Leather?

OK, as some of you might know, I just bought an apartment and is dying to decorate it. There's this 3 month interim where I have to wait for papers to finalized, names to be changed, loan to be fully released. However, there's no stopping me from surveying around for furniture, eh?

My first dilemma, whether to get a fabric or leather sofa. Most of my friends lean towards leather, knowing what a slob i am. :-p But personally, I prefer Fabric, microfibre to be precise. Well my choice is well justified.

1. Leather sofa designs out there are really dated and bulky, when personally, I prefer streamlined designs.

2. Even though it's easier to maintain, but when it comes to leather, I prefer 'em WHITE. So that didn't help.

3. Full leather sofa can be pricey. I'm not sure I'm willing to compromise on other furniture, given my tight budget.

4. Half leather, you say, wait, doesn't that mean half "fake" leather? I abhor imitation. Hmmm...

5. Fabric sofa with slip covers is versatile. You can change colours and moods whenever you want with a change of cover. But the changing part can be troublesome and tiring. Again, I'm a slob.

6. Fabric sofa is just much MORE comfortable than leather. And it makes the room look cozier, don't you think?

7. What about upholstered sofa? Hmmm...

8. What about colour? Hmmm....

9. Brand to go for? I went sofa shopping for 3 weekends now and still can't settle for one particular design. Here's my shortlist:

Cellini's Sofa:
They have a package deal promo going on, pick one of these sofa set, a queen bed frame + mattress, only for RM5,000. A further 5% disc if you pay by Hong Leong or HSBC Credit Card. I'm soooo tempted!!!!


Such sleek design...Can change to Fabric. It's faux leather now.


Fabric Sofa set with bookshelves on the side. I like how it's so low-maintenance. Can change floral print.

Lorenzo's Sofa:
They are having great discounts on some of the display set/items. I'm not sure I'll like to buy a display sofa set. The idea kind of grosses me out.

RM3,456. I love this a lot. Very posh.


This is a display set going for RM2,100. White is quite hard to maintain, but the price is unbeatable. A brand new set (can change colour) cost RM2,700.

Future Sofa:
They are known leather sofa manufacturer but have some nice fabric sofa too....

This is the only one i shortlisted thought. RM3,400

I'm still very much undecided, but if I really want the Cellini's, i have to decide within this month as the promo ends 30 June. Sigh~~~~~

xoxo

1 comment:

cassieandrea said...

haha go for leather la =)